Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nail color?

Does anyone know if a babies nailbed color should have a bluish purple look to them? Everyone says it's quite okay because he still a bit red(3 week old). It just bugs me because I've of cyanosis.Nail color?
Really I think it is normal. If you are still quite concered try contacting your or your baby's regular doctor. Check your baby's nails every not so often but at least every two or three days. Don't worry because everything you just said sounded like me.Nail color?
If in doubt get him checked out even if only to ease your mind.





';What if I think my child has cyanosis?


First, don't panic.





Second, examine your child. Cyanosis limited exclusively to the hands, the feet and the area around the lips is known as acrocyanosis and is a normal finding in babies.





Cyanosis on the lips, tongue, head or torso is central cyanosis, and should be promptly evaluated by a physician.';





EDIT Around the mouth is normal, but if the lips themselves are blue then there might be a problem. My little one also has blue nailbeds and blue around her mouth, but my doc is not concerned about it because her lips, tounge and body are normal.





My best advice to you is that if you are really concerned about it - which I think you are - take him down to your nearest emergency room or even back to the maternity ward - at least you will know then one way or the other
It sounds normal to me, but ask your doctor next time you take your baby for a check up and let him know about any health problems that you have. The doc should be able to put your mind at ease, or treat any problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment