Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is it okay to bring your own nail color to a manicure appointment?

I'm new to the whole manicure scene, but I recently found a place that does an awesome job, and they're relatively inexpensive. However, their color selection is sadly sub par. I have my own extensive collection of OPI, and I was wondering if it's acceptable to bring your own nail color with you to a manicure appointment? I'm unsure of the etiquette with these kinds of things and I'd rather have some kind of idea rather than asking the nail salon and sounding like an idiot. Thanks!Is it okay to bring your own nail color to a manicure appointment?
Yes, as a matter of fact it is better. I do this so I can repair any little chips I get before my next appointment.Is it okay to bring your own nail color to a manicure appointment?
You can DEFINITELY bring your own nail polish - heck you can ven bring your own tools. Some people have are concerned with catching hepatitis from the tools or other diseases and infections. I do it all the time - yours nail polish is probably even better than what they use! I've seen them thin out the nail polish when it is drying up (at more than 5 different locations). It won't be any less expensive but it's a better idea to use your nail polish anyways.
there is nothing wrong with that i do it often, you can even bring your own pedicure stuff as well (i do that too, because i know that the stuff is only touching my feet and i know that its clean).
You're the one who is going to be paying them so I see no reason why you shouldn't bring your own polish. That seems fine by me, but maybe then you could just do it at home, it is a pretty simple task, but whatever.
I would think that the nail salon might prefer it that way, because if you think about it, it makes the stuff they have last longer, thus less expense.
This is absolutely Kosher! I know many people who bring their own colors in and have the manicurist apply their own colors. As snobby as this may sound, you are paying for a service and it's your perogative to choose your color. And it makes it easy if you ever have to do your own touch ups to have your own color with you.
Yes, you can bring your own nail polish. I do it all the time because I can never find the color there. You're paying them to do your nails, so you should be able to get the color you want. Just tell them as soon as you get there that you have a color picked out that you brought from home, and if they don't want to use yours (highly unlikely, but you never know....) they will find something in their selection that is close if not the same. I've had my nails done many times, and the first time I went in I had my own color to (it was a metallic light pink) and the lady had no problem. After going there a few times, she got used to me bringing in my own and would ask me as soon as I got there if I had anything picked out already. As long as you are nice to them they'll be the same to you.
Yes, you may bring your own nail polish to a salon. I've done it.





Some people bring their own manicure tools because they worry about germs. So why can't you bring your own polish because you prefer it?





Casually offer the bottle to the manicurist before she starts and say ';I've been looking forward to this and already chose my color at home.';





Avoid criticizing the salon's limited selection. Leave a fair tip and you'll be home free.
Of course! I do it all the time. Especially if you found a place you like and they do a good job and they're cheap! Go for it!
Yes it is ok, I do it all the time. They should want to please you and make your nails look the way you want so they should have no problem with this.
Absolutely, positively OK to bring in your own color!!
Yes...you can definitely bring your own polish. I do it all the time b/c there is really only one color nail polish I like and it is really hard to find.
i do it all the time. i dont see why any manicure place would care because they are getting paid to paint your nails and not even using their own polish. if they say anything just be like well i want this color, i didnt know it would be that big of a deal.
that is perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment